Monday, June 6, 2016

On What Does 'Adult' Even Mean...

Via Tokyo-Bleep

Recently, I saw a presentation that Elizabeth Gilbert made as part of Oprah's Super Soul Sunday series titled "Flight of the Hummingbird - The Curiosity Driven Life". This struck a chord in me as I have never felt particularly passionate about one specific thing; rather, I have been curious and even fascinated by a host of topics and opportunities.
Sometimes, this makes me feel like I don't adult very well... Our society seems to be so convinced that there is a passion for every person and a career path that corresponds to every passion. And if you haven't found it yet, you a) need to be patient, b) need to try harder, or c) the universe hates you.
If those are my options, then with all due respect to the universe - bugger off. Maybe my passion is curiosity and my spirit animal is a hummingbird. ...for today, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment